Givers Care Foundation (GCF) is a non-for-profit Non-Governmental Organization, (NGO) founded in February, 2012. GCF started by focusing on basic education support and sexual reproductive health and rights education carried out through public education, community and youth development and volunteerism in less privileged communities. Throughout the years GCF has developed into a force in the Water and Sanitation Sector, working assiduously to create awareness on best practices in Water and Sanitation. GCF is made up of a team of strongly motivated young people with diverse professional background, who are working together to achieve the organization’s vision.
GCF seeks to work hand in hand with the target groups and other stakeholders in finding some long-term solutions to the challenges identified in our scope of work.
- To eradicate extreme poverty.
- To increase literacy rate in rural communities.
- To empower people to people especially children with the knowledge and skills to adopt best practices in water and sanitation.
- To reduce the occurrence of water related diseases and deaths.
The foundation shall:
- Take initiatives that fight against poverty and social exclusion by provision of basic materials for needy rural basic schools in Ghana.
- Empower pupils and students to overcome their challenges and fears, in order to maximize their academic output.
- Create awareness on water and sanitation among rural communities.
- Provide public health support to rural communities.
Our Core values
To support the vision, the foundation embraces the following values
- Team work
Our Thematic Areas
- Poverty alleviation and Livelihood Empowerment
- Educational Support and Personal Development
- Water and Sanitation, Hygiene